Learn more about EV's, recharging, as well as Elektromotive's products and services.
All Elektrobay® charge points that contain a SIM card and are network enabled benefit from:
- remote updating of firmware releases by Elektromotive to Elektrobays® to maintain charge point compatibility with electric vehicles as standards evolve
- remote diagnostics and support by Elektromotive which can enable a change in the configuration settings such as the LED lights, overcurrent, and parking timer
- remote management / updating of white and black lists by your chosen network provider and the ability to connect to a network charge point management system (CPMS) such as Charge Your Car or Polar, or to a third party network, or even to your own network via the OCPP standard
There are three options for network connection (connection to a Charge Point Management System):
- No network connection. Your Elektrobay® charge points are for private access use. Data on energy consumption and charge point usage is not required. Elektrobay® charge points are not connected to a charge point management system (CPMS).
- Private network connection. Your Elektrobay® charge points are for private access use. Data on energy consumption and charge point usage is required. Elektrobay® charge points are connected to a closed intranet type network such as that available through Charge Your Car Ltd.
- Public network connection. Your Elektrobay® charge points are for public access use on a free or pay-to-use basis. Elektrobay® charge points are connected to the Charge Your Car CPMS, the growing national network of recharging infrastructure promoted to and accessible by all EV drivers in the UK on a pay-as-you-go basis.
Note: In the UK Elektrobay® charge points are supplied with SIM cards and sit on the Elektromotive VPN. Overseas customers operate their own VPN and link up with Elektromotive’s VPN to access EBConnect.