Learn more about EV's, recharging, as well as Elektromotive's products and services.
All Elektrobay® charge points that contain a SIM card and are network enabled benefit from:
- remote updating of firmware releases by Elektromotive to Elektrobays® to maintain charge point compatibility with electric vehicles as standards evolve
- remote diagnostics and support by Elektromotive e.g. if a customer has lost their access card Elektromotive can log on to the Elektrobay® to release the door, or change the configuration settings such as the LED lights, overcurrent, and parking timer
- remote management / updating of white and black lists by Elektromotive
- ability to connect to a network charge point management system (CPMS) from Elektromotive, or to a third party network, or to your own network.
There are four options for network connection (connection to a Charge Point Management System):
- No network connection. Your Elektrobay® charge points are for private access use. Data on energy consumption and charge point usage is not required. Elektrobay® charge points are not connected to a charge point management system (CPMS).
- Private network connection. Your Elektrobay® charge points are for private access use. Data on energy consumption and charge point usage is required. Elektrobay® charge points are connected to Elektromotive’s EBConnect® CPMS.
- Public network connection. Your Elektrobay® charge points are for public access use on a free or pay-to-use basis. Elektrobay® charge points are connected to the Charge Your Car CPMS, the growing national network of recharging infrastructure promoted to and accessible by all EV drivers in the UK on a pay-as-you-go basis.
- Connection to your own or to a third party network. Your Elektrobay® charge points are for connection to your existing network via an interface developed by Elektromotive (if required), or to a third party OCPP (open charge point protocol) network.
Note: In the UK Elektrobay® charge points are supplied with SIM cards and sit on the Elektromotive VPN. Overseas customers operate their own VPN and link up with Elektromotive’s VPN to access EBConnect.